Jobs at Swisson
Embedded Software Engineer
In order to coplete our development team, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer.
As an experienced software developer, you may expect a fascinating and challenging occupation, where you get in touch with a wide range of hard and software platforms on a daily basis. In this responsible position, you will support our projects all the way from the product idea to industrialization and marketing.
Scope of Functions
- Design and implementation of the firmware for attractive novelty products.
- Realization of communication protocols according to standards.
- Requirements analysis.
- Extension and maintenance of the development, test and build automation infrastructure.
- Jenkins, GitLab (CI/CD), Docker, Git, Subversion, Trac, etc.
- Handover of the software to manufacturing.
- Maintenance of existing products.
- Development of PC and macOS tools (e.g. for firmware updates of devices).
- Responsibility for projects and sub projects.
- The candidate is expected to have a degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a comparable education with a strong background in software and electronics.
- You are well versed in the usage of the C programming language and are aware of the differences between some of the most important C dialects (e.g. C89 and C99).
- Furthermore, you are a productive user of C++ and modern C++ is a known term to you.
- The development of firmware for microcontrollers is familiar to you.
- Experience with the ARMv7-M, ARMv7E-M and with the ARMv4 architectures is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ARMv7-A architecture is desired.
- You are capable of applying your experience with fieldbuses and communication systems.
- The candidate should be able to competently use an RTOS.
- It is expected that the candidate is experienced with the usage of source code management systems.
- e.g. Git, Mercurial or Subversion.
- It is an advantage if you are an effective user of Bash and Python and are capable of supporting the development team of Swisson with the maintenance and extension of the software infrastructure.
- Candidates should have a basic knowledge of relational databases. Ideally, you are familiar with MySQL.
- Experience with (embedded) Linux is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the Yocto project / Openembedded is desirable.
- Familiarity with Qt is advantageous.
- Knowledge of VHDL is a plus.
- An autonomous, responsible and precise method of working is required.
- Good knowledge of English.
Workplace: Lyss, Switzerland